Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
When God created family, we know that it was patterned and created to be in his image. The Godhead is a picture of family: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The family sphere was God’s design and reflects the nature of Father God.
Here is what we can pray for in the family sphere. Below are Scriptures you can meditate on.
- Pray for the restoration of godly marriage as the Bible declares it, one man and one woman.
- Pray for healing in broken homes and restoration in hurting marriages, and children who are hurt in the process.
- Pray for husbands to take their place as the spiritual authority in their homes. Praying, releasing blessings, and even breaking curses where needed
- Pray for wives and mothers to honor their husbands and teach respect.
- Pray for parents to instruct their children in the ways of God.
- Pray for children to walk in obedience to their parents, which in turn brings honor to God.
- Pray for prodigals who have been hurt, angry, and confused to return to the Lord.
- Pray for those in authority in the family sphere to speak out and stand against the bloodshed of innocent babies.
PrayerLord God, we thank You that family was Your idea. You are a holy and righteous God, but You are also a merciful and compassionate Father. Direct our paths, Lord. Show us how we can make our families reflect Your heart to others.
We pray and speak restoration into our marriages. We pray that what You have joined together, no one will separate. Children are a blessing from the Lord, so let the blessing of the Lord rest upon them in their coming and going. We call forth prodigals, “Come home!” Lord, turn the hearts of the fathers back to the children, and children back to their fathers.
Let our homes become heaven on earth and let Your presence rest on every person who enters our homes. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
ActionIf you have a family, this is your sphere. This is your time to shine. You are your family’s gatekeeper. Be active. Be available. Be intentional. Be understanding. Be compassionate.
Let a loved one know how much you love them.
Author Gloria Robles is a passionate intercessor with a prophetic voice for today. If you would like more information on the seven spheres of society, we highly recommend reading the article by David Hamilton called “God Revealed Through the Spheres of Society.” It’s a free 10 page download, packed with revelation and Scripture.