All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
Religion was intended to bring reconciliation to humanity. Through Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, mankind may find healing in broken relationships with others, but, more importantly, reconciliation with God. Religion reveals Jesus as Prophet, Priest, and Intercessor. Here is how we can pray for the religion sphere.
- Pray for courage to be a bold witness for God, proclaiming today is the day of salvation.
- Pray for the Church to be hope to the hopeless, a light in the darkness, and a city on a hill that cannot and must not be hidden.
- Pray for a revelation of truth to be revealed to those who do not know Jesus; the truth is what sets people free.
- Pray for the love of God to abound, even in times where lawlessness increases.
- Pray for a spirit of unity to be released that binds the church together in love.
- Pray for those who lead in this sphere to be uncompromising, unwavering, and steadfast.
- Pray for the equipping of the Church to be an extension of Christ’s ministry on Earth.
- Pray for protection of those called by God and sent out to nations.
- Pray for our religious liberties to be protected.
- Pray for believers to walk in God-given authority.
PrayerLord, we thank You for Jesus, who made it possible for mankind to be reconciled to You. Let us walk worthy of the calling on each and everyone of us. Let our words be seasoned with grace, that we would know how to answer every man. Let us love one another as You have loved us. We are an extension of Christ’s hands and feet and we say, “Here I am God. Send me.” We pray for protection, strength, and refreshing for every pastor and leader and their families. We pray for leaders to receive revelation and wisdom as they steward the mysteries of God. Let them lead well. We pray for boldness that they would preach the uncompromising gospel of Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name, amen.
ActionIf you are a leader in the church, this is your sphere. If you are an intercessor, this is your sphere as well. Reach out to your pastor or someone who leads and offer them a word of encouragement; let them know you are praying for them. Continue in prayer and stay connected to others who can pray for you when you need it. Be focused. Be considerate. Be connected.
Author Gloria Robles is a passionate intercessor with a prophetic voice for today. If you would like more information on the seven spheres of society, we highly recommend reading the article by David Hamilton called “God Revealed Through the Spheres of Society.” It’s a free 10 page download, packed with revelation and Scripture.